[gmx-users] Interaction study for peptide-receptor..

francesco oteri francesco.oteri at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 14:17:46 CEST 2012

2012/10/4 rama david <ramadavidgroup at gmail.com>

> Hi francesco,
>
> Thank you For reply.
> I did docking but the result are not so impressive.

What does it mean "not so impressive"? I mean, do you have experimental
data
and the comparison with docking doesn't agree with experiments? Have you
generated
a sufficient number of complexes (say 100 or more)?

I used vina and autodock.
> I also did virtual screening in autodock but the result are not upto the
> mark.
>
> Is the freezing of group can affect my system?? How much efficiency I get
> by these work??

It will change a lot the dynamics of your system and I don't think
calculations
will be more efficient!

> As these group are going to freeze in four simulation so if it affect one
> ligand it  affect other
> ligand also.
>
> I read article that did the work like me ,
> they sliced the binding residues and  used the inert solid sphere to
> support binding residues
> instead of the freezing group other group.
>
> I think both way should have same effect..Am I right or wrong??
>
> If you have any other way please suggest it..

If you already have docking complexes, you can pick up one complex for each
peptide, to run an MD, or Free Energy  calculations.
It strongly depends by the experimentale data you have and what is the
target
of your work.