[gmx-users] Error There is no domain decomposition for 6 nodes that is compatible

lloyd riggs lloyd.riggs at gmx.ch
Fri Oct 5 11:35:18 CEST 2012

you have to play with the ratio usually of domain decompositions Vs. Grid size, I had that error some time ago though, if you look at the generated .mdp from the one you show (-o xxx.mdp), then look at the set FFT or xyz grid spacing and play with it.  It dosent like odd numbers or non-whole decompositions which are based on the cpu's versus total size.

fourierspacing           = 0.12
; FFT grid size, when a value is 0 fourierspacing will be used
fourier_nx               = 0
fourier_ny               = 0
fourier_nz               = 0

I might have remembered the answer wrong though, but someone will correct me if I am wrong I hope.

PS, are you from LA.  Just asking I used to know someone with the exact same name, but I also vaguely remember seeing your name here and asking that once before...

Stephan Watkins