[gmx-users] A question on REMD result analysis

Christopher Neale chris.neale at mail.utoronto.ca
Fri Oct 5 23:46:29 CEST 2012

Most often, people only analyze conformations drawn from the target temperature (e.g. room temperature).
There are reasons to look at higher temperatures (e.g. to decompose entropy/enthalpy or if your system has
biologically or chemically relevant temperature-dependence) but you can probably ignore that for your initial
analysis.

You should not eliminate any conformations drawn immediately after an exchange. The whole point of
REMD is that all of your conformations are in thermal equilibrium, even those right after an exchange.
However, you should do some block averaging and consider discarding some of the data obtained from the
initial portion of you REMD simulation (just as you would for a standard simulation).

Chris.