[gmx-users] NPT and NVT eqquilibruim - membrane simulation

Shima Arasteh shima_arasteh2001 at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 6 09:15:55 CEST 2012

 In my own, I want to simulate POPC-water and then insert a protein in it. Then run a new simulation for my new system.
I got the starting structure from Prof.Klauda website. Then dear Peter provides this link to get some useful files: http://uab.hyperfine.info/~pcl/files/popc36/
Regarding to the pblished paper, written by Peter, NPT equilibration had been done. I also followed them and did the NPT. But now, I'm wondering when NPT is needed to be done and when NPT & NVT are both needed?

Thanks for your suggestions.

Sincerely,
Shima