[gmx-users] Model of water

Shima Arasteh shima_arasteh2001 at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 6 16:32:29 CEST 2012

OK.
I did as follow as I described, but there is an error:
1.editconf -f popc.pdb -o popc-newbox.gro -c -d 1.0 -bt cubic
2.genbox -cp popc-newbox.gro -cs spc216.gro -o popc-solv.gro -p topol.top

Then added #include "charmm36.ff/tip3p.itp" to topol.top

3.grompp -f em.mdp -c popc-solv.gro -p topol.top -o em.tpr
Fatal error:
number of coordinates in coordinate file (popc-solv.gro, 74672)
             does not match topology (topol.top, 104936)
I checked the water molecules of popc-solv.gro by grep command ;

# grep -c HW popc-solv.gro
48696

[ molecules ]
; Compound        #mols
POPC              238
SOL             24348

What is the problem? would you please help me? I think the SOL molecule are counted twice!!

Thanks in advance.
Sincerely,
Shima