[gmx-users] Re: domain decomposition trick for highly parallel, non-equilibrium runs

Christopher Neale chris.neale at mail.utoronto.ca
Tue Oct 9 02:14:12 CEST 2012

Dear Kathleen:

It is important to either load velocities or generate them. If you do neither, then initial forces will rapidly be scaled up to thermally appropriate velocities, and if the initial forces are concerted, then you can get significant undesired concerted motion that can do things like partially unfold a protein.

Chris.