[gmx-users] pull=constraint gives zero forces

Thomas Schlesier schlesi at uni-mainz.de
Tue Oct 9 11:20:10 CEST 2012

But for GMX 4.0.7 there are forces in the pullf.xvg. The forces which
arise rom the contraint the hold the two groups fixed. I use them for
thermodynamic integration...

I use the following mdp-parameters, probably this gives you an idea what
you might make different:
; AFM OPTIONS
pull                =  constraint
pull_geometry       =  distance
pull_dim            =  Y Y Y
pull_start          =  yes
pull_nstfout        =  10
pull_nstxout        =  500000
pull_ngroups        =  1
pull_group0         =  REF
pull_group1         =  ZUG
pull_rate1          = 0.000
pull_init1          = 0.000
pull_constr_tol          = 1e-06

But as Chris said, better post the complete mdp-file (probably for both
GMX 4.0.7 and 4.5.x) so we can comment on them.

Grettings
Thomas