[gmx-users] Re: Martini lipid bilayer

Dr. Vitaly Chaban vvchaban at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 14:42:46 CEST 2012

> I am interested in Martini force-field and application in lipid bilayer.
> I found the lipid bilayer at
>
> http://md.chem.rug.nl/cgmartini/index.php/downloads/example-applications/66-dppc-membrane
>
> is it is a reliable to use it after more equilibriation ( like 500 ns  )
>
> or I have to build my own bilayer ????
>
> Is any other link to get the martini lipids bilayer???

We used MARTINI bilayers and found them very reliable. I do not think
you need additional equilibration.

Note, that it is *very* tricky to self-assemble a bilayer with equal
number of lipids in each leaflet (even using specific sampling
methods), so having a ready-made configuration is always extremely
helpful.

Dr. Vitaly V. Chaban
MEMPHYS - Center for Biomembrane Physics
Department of Physics, Chemistry and Pharmacy
University of Southern Denmark
Campusvej 55, 5230 Odense M, Denmark