[gmx-users] Secondary structure after InflateGRO step - protein in lipid membrane

Christopher Neale chris.neale at mail.utoronto.ca
Wed Oct 10 17:39:53 CEST 2012

What, precisely, do you mean the SS of the protein is still incomplete? When you use inflategro, the conformation of your
protein is intended to remain as in your initial conformation. Did you forget to use position restraints
on your protein during the contraction steps ( http://www.csb.bit.uni-bonn.de/inflategro.html )?

If it is just a visualization artefact, then you should be able to select only the protein in VMD and it
should display just fine.

Chris.