[gmx-users] genbox Not enough memory

Juliette N. joojoojooon at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 18:08:41 CEST 2012

Hi everyone,

I am trying to build a polymer in solvent system by solvating my fully
extended polymer chains in a box of size 250 250 250 A. I am adding
4500 solvent molecules as below

 genbox -cp Solute.gro -ci solvent.gro -o solvated.gro -nmol 4500

Adding solvents is a slow process and takes much time and at the end I get:

Program genbox, VERSION 4.5.4
Source code file: smalloc.c, line: 214

Fatal error:
Not enough memory. Failed to realloc 1338273212 bytes for grid->nra,
grid->nra=0x0
(called from file nsgrid.c, line 483)

Is this happening because of the huge amount of free space to be
filled with the solvent? Please help me.
--
Thanks,