[gmx-users] Re: LINCS metal-ligand bonds

tarak karmakar tarak20489 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 20:50:51 CEST 2012

Thanks Justin & Chaban.

Even I did the simulation for 3 ns and it worked well.
Now the issue in my case is , while I was not imposing the M-N
constraints, the metal was rattling around (little bit)  and the
histidine residues were moving back and forth (elongation of M-Nhis
length). So I employed constraints to keep them in peace. But I'm bit
worried about the dynamics of the entire protein. I'm not sure how
accurate results these will produce if I impose these sorts of
approximations. Any idea ? Any reference where people have followed
the same ?

Thanks
Tarak

On Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 8:26 PM, Justin Lemkul <jalemkul at vt.edu> wrote:

>> Introducing constraints between non-covalently bound sites may (and
>> often does in practice) result in the instability of your system and
>> may require smaller time-step.
>>
>> Personally, I would introduce morse potential with a weak force
>> constant for the same task .
>>

> For what it's worth, I've employed a similar setup as the OP and it worked
> quite well, though there are probably several ways to address this issue.  I
> can think of at least four.
>

> -Justin

> Justin A. Lemkul, Ph.D.
> Research Scientist