[gmx-users] Tesla M2075 error...

Anthony Cruz Balberdi anthony.cruz5 at upr.edu
Tue Oct 16 15:58:58 CEST 2012

Hi user:

I was able to compile gromacs with GPU support without errors, but when I
test it with the benchmark got the following error:

(mdrun-gpu -device
"OpenMM:platform=Cuda,memtest=15,deviceid=0,force-device=no" -s topol.tpr
-v)

Fatal error:
The selected GPU (#0, Tesla M2075) is not supported by Gromacs! Most
probably you have a low-end GPU which would not perform well, or new
hardware that has not been tested with the current release. If you still
want to try using the device, use the force-device=yes option.

This is normal behaviour or I made something wrong in the configuration?
because is clear in the website that Tesla M2075 is supported by gromacs.
The only solution is changing force-device to yes?

Thanks.

Anthony