[gmx-users] Re: The problem of converting CGenff parameters to those of Gromacs

spin spin at mail.ustc.edu.cn
Wed Oct 17 15:41:33 CEST 2012

Thank you, Peter.

Do you mean that the [atomtypes] section is not important? In other words,
Gromacs will skip them if the data have been given in [pairtypes] section,
isn't it? I have type the follow command:

/pdb2gmx -f *.pdb -o *.gro -p *.top -ss -his
grompp -v -f vac-min.mdp -c *.gro -p *.top -o vac-min.tpr/

The first are successful, but the second failed. The error information is :

/Fatal error:
Atomtype CG301 not found
website at http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/Errors/

I tried to add the CG301 to [atomtypes], and typed the command again, but it
gave me next atomtype XX not found. It seems that I have to add all CGenFF
atomtypes manually.

I thought that it is due to the absence of atomtypes information. Because
David's script did not give me the atomtypes information. I don't know why
it was.