[gmx-users] some question about REMD

saber naderi sbrnaderi at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 17:48:19 CEST 2012

Hi Albert,

Regarding you first question, your protein is relatively big and in my
opinion 28 replicas is not much for a protein made of 290 AA with the
temperature range of 280-530. One thing that you can do is to use a lower
value for exchange probability to have less replicas. By doing this the
average time interval between exchanges becomes longer (assuming that you
keep the exchange attempt interval fixed). This is not necessarily a bad
thing because in case of large proteins the dynamics is slow anyway and it
is useful if you let the system relax between exchanges.

Cheers,
Saber