[gmx-users] Holes in the solvent!

Richard Broadbent richard.broadbent09 at imperial.ac.uk
Tue Oct 30 13:53:45 CET 2012

Dear Arman,

I have never seen holes appear in my solvent when running on 12 cores or
fewer, or when running with langevin coupling or NVE.

Running at higher temperatures (700K-1000K) did remove the holes from my
system however, the RDF's were inconsistent on varying core counts
(peeks and troughs moving by Angstroms). Low core counts tended to yeild
the same RDF as a well thermalised and equilibrated NVE run or a
langevin simulation.

I currently have simulations queing which will use v-rescale so I can't
comment on that thermostat yet but if you are seeing this on 1 core I
don't think it is the same issue I've been seeing.

Sorry,

Richard