[gmx-users] Re: density profile

Dr. Vitaly Chaban vvchaban at gmail.com
Mon Apr 1 20:22:12 CEST 2013

On Mon, Apr 1, 2013 at 8:16 PM, Elisabeth <katesedate at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Vitaly,
>
> The problem was with cpt file since it re sets the last line of gro. I
> removed the -f flag and now the Z direction is extended. However, I see
> that molecules tend to fill up the upper zone (free space) rapidly. I am
> wondering how I can obtain the density profile if I am going to get another
> uniformly distributed box after this NVT run?

Here we come to the question what your system is composed of... Based on
the density profile, this is not a (conventional) liquid... Polymer,
non-Newtonian liquid ... or what?

If molecules tend to fill vacuum, it can only mean that the matter you are
simulating is above critical point.

What is your T and what are the particles in your box?

Dr. Vitaly Chaban