[gmx-users] Simulation of the HEM-containing proteins

James Starlight jmsstarlight at gmail.com
Wed Apr 3 14:58:26 CEST 2013

hmm

I've done parametrization of the hem using standart charmm36 parameters but
indeed there is some confusing with the hydrogens

for example my pdb (obtained from NMR structure) consist of 2 extra
hydrogens (which both parts of the methyl groups) which are not present in
the rtp parameters. So if I delete both of that hydrogens from pdb- my HEM
will be -2 charged. On tyhe other hands hem in my pdb lack of 2 protons in
the COOH groups. Could someone provide me with the HEM (in planargeometry)
parametrized in charmm36 ?

By the way assuming that the HEM itself is not covalently bonded to the
rest of the protein ( as in the case of GFP or rhodopsin). So the
parameters for the hem should be included as the any other diffusiable
ligand (as the separate itp file) in topology, should'n it?

James