[gmx-users] surface tension-crash at step 0

Elisabeth katesedate at gmail.com
Fri Apr 5 16:20:09 CEST 2013

Hi all,

I have problem ruunning NVT with Z direction extended to get surface
tension of a polymer packed in a cell. I tried the same procedure for an
alkane and NVT works well however for the polymer the run crashes at the
very first step..

Doe anyone have clue what wrong could be? Many thanks.

starting mdrun 'Polymer'
10000000 steps,  10000.0 ps.
step 0
[node6:14338] *** Process received signal ***
[node6:14339] *** Process received signal ***
[node6:14338] Signal: Segmentation fault (11)
[node6:14338] Signal code: Address not mapped (1)
[node6:14338] Failing at address: 0x2aaaafbbaca0
[node6:14339] Signal: Segmentation fault (11)
[node6:14339] Signal code: Address not mapped (1)
[node6:14339] Failing at address: 0x2aaaafbbd2e0
[node6:14339] [ 0] /lib64/libpthread.so.0 [0x3112e0ebe0]
[node6:14339] [ 1] /usr/local/gromacs/lib/libgmx_mpi.so.6 [0x2b2fd8203c54]
[node6:14339] *** End of error message ***
[node6:14338] [ 0] /lib64/libpthread.so.0 [0x3112e0ebe0]
[node6:14338] [ 1] /usr/local/gromacs/lib/libgmx_mpi.so.6 [0x2b4b10e86c65]
[node6:14338] *** End of error message ***
mpirun noticed that process rank 3 with PID 14338 on node node6 exited on
signal 11 (Segmentation fault).