[gmx-users] Re: How to set the sigma and epsilon for Cu2+ in OPLS-AA/L

fantasticqhl fantasticqhl at gmail.com
Sun Apr 7 10:36:59 CEST 2013

Dear Dr. Vitaly Chaban,

Thanks very much for your reply. My question is the relationship between
van der Waals radius and sigma in the OPLS-AA/L force filed files of
Gromacs.

Of course I did ab initio optimizations of my system, but I do not know
there is some relation between the optimal bond length (copper--atom of
the ligand) and sigma.
Could you please be more clear and give a little detailed explanation?
Thanks very much!

All the best,
Qinghua