[gmx-users] Re: How to set the sigma and epsilon for Cu2+ in OPLS-AA/L

fantasticqhl fantasticqhl at gmail.com
Sun Apr 7 11:28:55 CEST 2013

Dear Dr. Vitaly Chaban,

Thanks for the explanation. I know this equation. However, the van der
Waals radius and its counterpart sigma in OPLS-AA/L force field files do
not follow this equation.

For example, the vdw radius of copper ion is 1.4 angstrom, and its sigma
is  2.08470e-01 (I guess the unit is nm). pow(2, 1/6) is more than 1, so
obviously this equation
does not work with copper. So do other atoms. I guess that there might
be an additional coefficient for this equation in gromacs. That's the
purpose for asking. Thanks very much!

All the best,
Qinghua