[gmx-users] gmx 4.6 mpi installation through openmpi?

Hrachya Astsatryan hrach at sci.am
Mon Apr 8 10:06:53 CEST 2013

Dear Zhikun Cai,

Thank you for your quick response.

On 4/8/13 11:15 AM, Zhikun Cai wrote:
> Hi, see installation instruction with CMAKE here:
>
> http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/Installation_Instructions
>
> I guess that maybe you need to specify your Openmpi and FFTW installation
> directories using options CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH.
> For example, my Openmpi and FFTW were firstly installed in
>  "/home/ucaizk/ComTools/openmpi" and "/home/ucaizk/ComTools/fftw
> Then, I installed gromacs with command lines below:
wget ftp://ftp.gromacs.org/pub/gromacs/gromacs-4.6.1.tar.gz
>      $ tar -xzvf gromacs-4.6.1.tar.gz
>      $ mkdir build
>      $ cd build
Done
>      $
> CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH=/home/ucaizk/ComTools/openmpi:/home/ucaizk/ComTools/fftw
export CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH=/opt/mpi (I use an option below to download and
install the fftw by gromacs)
>  cmake -DGMX_MPI=ON -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX
> =/home/ucaizk/ComTools/gromacs  ../gromacs-4.6.1
cmake .. -DGMX_MPI=ON -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/backup/sicnas/gromacs
-DGMX_BUILD_OWN_FFTW=ON (I want to install on /backup/sicnas/gromacs,
which is shared by nodes)
>      $ make
>      $ make install
done!

And finally get the following error:
/backup/sicnas/gromacs/bin/mdrun_mpi: error while loading shared
libraries: libblas.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory

> When above was done, cd to your home directory and add one line to
> ".bashrc" file
>      export PATH=$PATH:/home/ucaizk/ComTools/gromacs/bin
>
> restart bash shell, then all are done!
>
> Hope it helps!
>
> Zhikun
>

> On Fri, Apr 5, 2013 at 11:12 PM, 라지브간디 <rajiv at kaist.ac.kr> wrote:
>
>> Dear gmx users,
>>

>> I could able to install gmx4.6.1 without MPI option in my cluster, whereas
>> the MPI fails to install and gives the following error ( used command line
>> cmake .. -DGMX_MPI=ON  -DGMX_BUILD_OWN_FFTW=ON )
>>

>> CMake Error at cmake/gmxManageMPI.cmake:161 (message):
>>   MPI support requested, but no MPI compiler found.  Either set the
>>   C-compiler (CMAKE_C_COMPILER) to the MPI compiler (often called mpicc),
>> or
>>   set the variables reported missing for MPI_C above.
>> Call Stack (most recent call first):
>>   CMakeLists.txt:494 (include)
>>

>> I have also installed openmpi 1.5 version. which mpirun shows
>> /usr/bin/mpirun.
>> It seems openmpi installed in /usr/bin/openmpi/
>>

>> I dont know how to do link this cmake.
>>

>> Please need some suggestion. Thanks.
>>
>> --
>> * Please search the archive at

Hrachya Astsatryan
Head of HPC Laboratory,
Institute for Informatics and Automation Problems,
National Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Armenia
1, P. Sevak str., Yerevan 0014, Armenia
t: 374 10 284780
f: 374 10 285812
e: hrach at sci.am