[gmx-users] Re: Simulating a large system

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Mon Apr 8 13:41:19 CEST 2013

On Mon, Apr 8, 2013 at 5:54 AM, Dr. Vitaly Chaban <vvchaban at gmail.com>wrote:

> If you do not care about the atoms, which are too far away from the region
> of interest, is it not reasonable just to cut that "useless" part? Also,

Hear hear. If it's so meaningless, why is it there? ;)

> you may want to look towards implicit solvent simulations.

Indeed. Or use GPU's. Erik was showing us great performance on a laptop
during the webinar, even using (relatively) cheap consumer-grade cards.
Back to the original point (and as I posted before), even if you freeze
some amount of atoms, you don't gain any performance by doing so.

Research Scientist
jalemkul[at]vt.edu | (540)
231-9080http://www.bevanlab.biochem.vt.edu/Pages/Personal/justin