[gmx-users] pbc problem

Kieu Thu Nguyen kieuthu2212 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 12 13:48:58 CEST 2013

Dear All,

I made a POPC bilayer and carried out embedding a protein into this
membrane. But the fatal error has appeared :
Fatal error:
Something is wrong with your membrane. Max and min z values are 12.342000
and 0.016000. Maybe your membrane is not centered in the box, but located
at the box edge in the z-direction, so that one membrane is distributed
over two periodic box images. Another possibility is that your water layer
is not thick enough.

I think my bilayer stay at between two periodic images. What should i do to
put it in corrected position ?

Thankful for any help !
Regards,

Thu