[gmx-users] why no. of atoms doesn't match?

Albert mailmd2011 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 15 20:03:17 CEST 2013

Hello Justin and bv08ay:

   thanks a lot for kind reply. I count each component by isolating them
one by one:

1. protein generated by pdb2gmx command: 4739 atoms in all
2. ligand: 79 atoms
3. chelostrol: 74x42= 3108 atoms
4. popc: 116x96= 11368 atoms
5. solvent: 10079x3= 30237 atoms

total: 49531

all the above results I double check the no. of coponent and total line
(which represent the atom no.) with gedit, the total atoms is 49621. The
toplogy give correct no. of each component, and the total no. of such
component should be 49621 instead of what claimed by Gromacs " does not
match topology (topol.top, 51295) "

It is correct with the topology I defined at the end of topol.top file:

[ molecules ]
; Compound        #mols
Protein     1
LIG    1