[gmx-users] Re: Water spreading on graphene!

Sapna Sarupria sapna.sarupria at gmail.com
Sun Apr 21 18:25:18 CEST 2013

Dear David and all,

Thanks for the suggestions!

I did increase the box size to twice that of the sheet dimensions. The
sheet is 10 x 10 nm^2 and now is place in the center of a 20 x 20 x 20 nm^3
box with the droplet size of about 5 nm (4142 water molecules). I still see
the droplet spreading.

I will check the energies and also attempt the simulation with the cut-off
distances. May be that will help.

However, in a silica surface with no surface charges the drop remains a
drop (as expected). I use the same mdp files for both the simulations.

Sapna