[gmx-users] Problem with gromacs in Cluster

Francesco fracarb at myopera.com
Thu Apr 25 14:58:08 CEST 2013

You can split the simulation in different part (for example 5 ns each),
every time you'll finish one you will extend it adding more time.
http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/How-tos/Extending_Simulations?highlight=extend

My cluster uses a different "script system" than yours so I can't help
with it, but basically you have to submit more than 1 job with different
command to execute:

1) first production
mpirun -n 8 mdrun -s md_test.tpr -deffnm md_test -np 8
2) modify the tpr file
tpbconv -s previous.tpr -extend timetoextendby -o next.tpr
3) next X ns
mpirun -n 8 mdrun -s next.tpr -cpi previous.cpt
4) modify the tpr file
5) production md
and so on

with qsub you can submit a depending job (-hold_jid) that will run only
when the previous step will finish, in your case there should be a
similar way to do it.

cheers

Fra