[gmx-users] _gpu_id failed

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Fri Apr 26 22:19:43 CEST 2013

On 4/26/13 3:37 PM, Albert wrote:
> Hello:
>
>   I am going to run gromacs with command:
>
> mpirun -np 4 mdrun_mpi -s em.tpr -c em.gro -v -g em.log -gpu_id #0, #2, #3, #4
>

> but it failed with messages:
>
> Program mdrun_mpi, VERSION 4.6.1
> Source code file:
> /home/albert/install/source/gromacs-4.6.1/src/gmxlib/statutil.c, line: 364
>
> Fatal error:
> Expected a string argument for option -gpu_id

The -gpu_id option needs a continuous string of identifiers (see examples on
http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/Acceleration_and_parallelization).
Anything separated by a space is interpreted as a new command-line argument.

What you want is -gpu_id 0234

Research Scientist
jalemkul[at]vt.edu | (540) 231-9080