[gmx-users] genbox box size problem

XAvier Periole x.periole at rug.nl
Mon Apr 29 12:22:33 CEST 2013

genbox works best when the box size of the solute is defined as the same as of the water one used to solvate it. So you can build a water box with the dimensions you want and them use it.

You can build a water box by using genconf -nbox and use a script to cut to the dimensions you need, minimize, equilibrate ...

Using a bigger box size should work too but it might need to be positioned/centered correctly and the solute too ...