[gmx-users] Error in pdb2gmx

Nikunj Maheshwari nixcrazyforher at gmail.com
Tue Apr 30 12:10:28 CEST 2013

Thanks Justin. I know that using -ignh will solve the problem. But I was
just curious because I got the same error message ("Fatal error: Atom HD1
in residue HIS 65 was not found in rtp entry HISE with 17 atoms while
sorting atoms. ") when I used OPLS, this time it was His 65.

So I used -his option in pdb2gmx and got the following options to choose

Which HISTIDINE type do you want for residue 65
0. H on ND1 only (HISD)           #Works. total charge= -17.000
1. H on NE2 only (HISE)           # Error
2. H on ND1 and NE2 (HISH)    #Works. total charge= -16.000
3. Coupled to Heme (HIS1)       #Works. total charge= -17.000

So shall I go ahead with any of the option except 1, or use -ignh?