[gmx-users] Umbrella sampling's equilibration runs

James Starlight jmsstarlight at gmail.com
Tue Apr 30 19:38:17 CEST 2013

Justin,

could you also tell me
1) what difference should be expected from the umbrella sampling run with
(as I want to do for better coverage) and without (as in your tutorial)
velocities re-assignment on each umbrella window run ?

2) On what suggestions should I chose each conformer from pulling
simulation for each umbrella run? If I have not reasonable kinetiks from
the pulling simulation could I chose each conformer based on the RMSD from
the starting structure (in some region- eg in active site) assuming that I
investigate conformation motions in that region accompanied some functional
transitions?

Thanks for help,
James