[gmx-users] set charge as 0 in gromacs code

Shi, Yu (shiy4) shiy4 at mail.uc.edu
Wed Aug 7 03:28:10 CEST 2013

Hello Mark,

Thanks for your reply!!!

Not self energy term.

For my research reason, I would like to turn off the long-ranged electrostatics between
SOL and CL. That is to say, SOL and CL only interacts with erfc(eta*r)/r potential, without
reciprocal electrostatics parts.

I use PME in the mdp file for coulomb, and in topol file the CL is -1 charged.
Hence I have to set CL charge as 0 in the Gromacs code to turn off the reciprocal calculation of
the pme scheme. E.g before gmx_pme_do(), I set Cl charge as 0, but this fails to work.

So do you some idea to do this?

Stony