[gmx-users] Hamiltonian replica exchange not working in 4.6

Michael Shirts mrshirts at gmail.com
Wed Aug 7 04:55:41 CEST 2013

Hi, Sanku-

The way to invoke Hamiltonian replica exchange has changed to be a bit
more flexible.  We should go back and make sure that this legacy way
is supported (I thought this invocation was supported, but apparently
it isn't), but what you should be able to do to get it working quickly
is include in all the .mdp files the line:

fep-lambdas  0 0.08 . . . . . . 1.0

I.e. list all of the lambdas that all of the files use.  This is
described in the documentation.

It should run correctly then.  If not, then bug me on the list again.