[gmx-users] Re: restraint-lambdas for position restraints in hamiltonian exchange

Dejun Lin dejun.lin at gmail.com
Wed Aug 7 16:23:19 CEST 2013

Hi Micheal,

Sorry for keep bugging you about this but I want to make sure I'm doing
what I think I'm doing :)
I did some test on the following setup.

restraint-lambdas = 0.3 0.299999 (essentially no difference) on position
restraints.
replica 0 starts in structure A and replica 1 in structure B. The 2
position restraints have exactly the same set of force constants, i.e., the
2 replica used the same top/itp file.
But each of this 2 replicas should have one distinct set of restraints
because the difference in initial structure (gro file) are huge.

Replica 0:  structure *A*, restraints A (ref. position A, force constant C)
Replica 1:  structure *B*, restraints B (ref. position B, force constant C)

Swapped between the 2 replica were observed and I looked at the trajectory
from *replica 0* in VMD and noticed that there were *structure B* in it.

Can assume that swap resulted in the following states ?

Replica 0:  structure *B*, restraints A (ref. position A, force constant C)
Replica 1:  structure *A*, restraints B (ref. position B, force constant C)

i.e. It was the coordinates instead of lambda values were swapped between
replicas, which is essentially the same as if the reference positions were
swapped.

Thanks again for your help!

-Dejun

2013/8/3 Michael Shirts-2 [via GROMACS] <
ml-node+s5086n5010326h5 at n6.nabble.com>