[gmx-users] Lipid Bilayer on the Graphene or GO substrate

朱文鹏 jasonzhu925 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 9 14:29:50 CEST 2013

Hello David,

Thank you again for your reply. It is very interesting idea.

Do you mean I can using a grand canonical ensemble to control the surface
tension of lipid bilayer by varying its number during my simulations? Is
there an existing method in Gromacs to implement so? Or I need to modify
the Gromacs code? Could you please give me a clue?

And I tried to "jump lipids" on the 2D periodic graphene layer by adding
lipids continuously. Due to the hydrophobicity of lipid tails, the added
lipid tails tend to be attached on the graphene layer and form a planar
monolayer. But it is not the lipid bilayer I am concerned. If I directly
put a periodic lipid bilayer onto the 2D periodic graphene layer, the water
molecules between them have no pathway to escape outside. The water
permeability through the bilayer is slow in the timescale of
MD simulations. The system seems to be time-consuming to find the
equilibrium distance between the periodic graphene and the periodic lipid
bilayer in MD simulations.

Best,
Jason