[gmx-users] charmm36 proteins

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Thu Aug 15 00:31:30 CEST 2013

On 8/14/13 6:22 PM, Christopher Neale wrote:
> What is the charmm36 protein force field? (can you provide a reference to what you are referring to).
>
> As far as I know, there is no such thing as "charmm36" proteins. There are charmm27+cmap proteins
> (implemented in gromacs already) and charmm36 lipids (implemented in gromacs already).

CHARMM36 protein parameters do exist: dx.doi.org/10.1021/ct300400x.  Whether or
not they have been implemented in Gromacs, I do not know, but the modifications
of the CHARMM27 files provided with Gromacs should be straightforward to carry
out.  For what it's worth, there is no such thing as a CHARMM27 protein force
field, it's just CHARMM22+CMAP.  The unfortunate naming of the distributed files
has led to this misconception.

Postdoctoral Fellow

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy