[gmx-users] plans for mdrun features to deprecate in GROMACS 5.0

Mark Abraham mark.j.abraham at gmail.com
Thu Aug 15 10:04:50 CEST 2013

On Wed, Aug 14, 2013 at 10:17 PM, rajat desikan <rajatdesikan at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am interested in Generalized Born. My coding skills are limited, but I
> would like to help to whatever extent I can.

Big issues at the moment are that both the "all vs all" and
SIMD-accelerated GB kernels are broken in 4.6.x but worked in 4.5.x
(see http://redmine.gromacs.org/issues/1249). That probably means that
performance of the plain-C kernels is lower than a similar
explicit-solvent system. I expect that the problem is not severe -
just that some assumption in the GB kernel or setup code has been
violated during the changes leading to 4.6. If you're keen, those
would be useful things to have working!

> I am also interested in helping towards revamping the tutorials if the need
> should arise.

There are several tutorials under preparation for the GROMACS workshop
in Virginia in September. I'm sure some preliminary feedback on those
would be welcome when they're ready!

Thanks!

Mark