[gmx-users] Partial incompatibility of pdb2gmx with 4 character residue names?

Mark Abraham mark.j.abraham at gmail.com
Thu Aug 15 18:07:36 CEST 2013

It's not clear whether this is or should be an intended behaviour.
There are lots of considerations of atom and residue renaming that
pdb2gmx tries to handle, and it is not too surprising that there are
corner cases that don't work as everyone expects. I couldn't even find
the code where this might happen. You might have been able to avoid
renaming your .rtp entries manually by using pdb2gmx -rtpres.

Where would have been a good place for you to have read "Using
three-letter .rtp residue names might make life easier. Consider using
pdb2gmx -rtpres if you need longer names."

Mark