[gmx-users] Convert CNS .top into a GROMACS .itp for a small ligand?

massimo sandal devicerandom at gmail.com
Mon Aug 19 16:22:48 CEST 2013

2013/8/19 Justin Lemkul <jalemkul at vt.edu>

> An .itp is just a topology, so it's identical to a .top except that it
> does not have system-level directives and does not #include a parent force
> field.  Manual sections 5.7.1 and 5.7.2 describe the relevant contents.

I know - just to be sure we're understanding each other, I know it's
identical to a *GROMACS* .top , not the CNS one. :)

In 5.7.1 and 5.7.2 yes,there is description of the topology file format,
but I'm unsure what you precisely meant with the ffbonded.itp / charge
groups stuff you said I have to refer in.
Will go from there. Thanks.

Massimo