[gmx-users] gromacs installation in mac osx 10.8

Mark Abraham mark.j.abraham at gmail.com
Mon Aug 19 17:46:29 CEST 2013

This is a known issue (e.g. http://bugzilla.gromacs.org/issues/1021).
I have literally no idea if CUDA is even available for this hardware.
You do have the option of cmake -DGMX_CPU_ACCELERATION=SSE4.1, which
might be imperceptibly slower than AVX given the use of a GPU.

There are rumours of OpenMP support in LLVM (the base for clang) in
the next month or two, but don't hold your breath for it to percolate
through the various release cycles.

Mark