[gmx-users] NPT, freezegroups and Position Restraints.

HANNIBAL LECTER hanniballecter13 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 22 17:35:34 CEST 2013

Thanks a lot. I could set up and perform the simulations using position
restraints and md+nose-hoover thermostat as suggested by Justin. The
combination seems to yield the correct canonical ensembles.

Equilibration with Berendsen barostat (with integrator=sd and
refcoord-scaling = com) does not seem to have any problems. However, while
performing simulations with parrinello-rahman barostat and
refcoord-scaling=com using either sd or md, my system blows up. However,
refcoord-scaling=all does not seem to have any issues. My position
restraints are applied only to the CNT atoms and I am trying to simulate
peptide near CNTs. All bonds are constrained in my simulations. Is there
anything I am overlooking while moving from refcoord-scaling=com to
refcoord-scaling=all?