[gmx-users] 'Command not found' after installation

Nimmy McNimmerson nimzster at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 26 01:07:42 CEST 2013

That worked! Thanks a ton!

________________________________
 From: Justin Lemkul <jalemkul at vt.edu>
To: Nimmy McNimmerson <nimzster at yahoo.com>; Discussion list for GROMACS users <gmx-users at gromacs.org>
Sent: Sunday, August 25, 2013 2:54 PM
Subject: Re: [gmx-users] 'Command not found' after installation

On 8/25/13 5:31 PM, Nimmy McNimmerson wrote:
> Hmm... To be honest I'm a novice at installing complex things, I'm a computer scientist by trade but I'm not very good at troubleshooting this kind of thing. Has anyone actually installed GROMACS on mac and what did you do? (Using the default gcc/g++ doesn't work for the AVX stuff)

I used gcc/g++ (version 4.7.3 from MacPorts) and simply set
-DGMX_CPU_ACCELERATION=SSE4.1.  Since the install was done on my laptop, where
performance does not matter (not running anything beyond simple EM locally), the
acceleration didn't matter to me.

-Justin

Postdoctoral Fellow

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences