[gmx-users] error with g_dist

chinnu657 cma1g09 at soton.ac.uk
Mon Aug 26 22:05:10 CEST 2013

Hello all, I am trying to find the distance between 2 centres of mass using
g_dist.

I use the command:  g_dist -s md_0_1.tpr -f md_0_1.xtc -o dist.xvg -n
index.ndx

but i get the error:
Fatal error:
Molecule in topology has atom numbers below and above natoms (1707).
You are probably trying to use a trajectory which does not match the first
1707 atoms of the run input file.
You can make a matching run input file with tpbconv.

I tried using tpbconv like suggested. But that did not help. I really need
help on this as my submission deadline is getting closer and this is the
last simulation I need..

Thank you so much in advance

Chinnu