[gmx-users] Gentle heating with implicit solvent

Mark Abraham mark.j.abraham at gmail.com
Wed Aug 28 09:16:09 CEST 2013

It can be. Lack of explicit degrees of freedom of solvent can make
achieving equipartition tricky. With CHARMM27 and virtual sites in implicit
solvent, I have sometimes found it necessary to use a sub-femtosecond time
step at the start of equilibration, even where there were no atomic
clashes. Maybe the system was just unlucky with generating velocities,
though :-)

Mark