[gmx-users] Long range Lennard Jones

Gianluca Interlandi gianluca at u.washington.edu
Thu Aug 29 03:09:26 CEST 2013

> Current CHARMM development relies on a 1.2-nm cutoff for LJ, so that's
> how we balance all of the forces during parameterization.

Ok, I agree. What about the use of PME for Coulomb? The CHARMM PARAM22
force field was parametrized using SHIFT on electrostatic forces making it
zero after 12 A (please note that SHIFT and FSHIFT in CHARMM greatly
differ from the gromacs-style Shift). Also, the CHARMM switch function is
different from gromacs Switch (at least from what I can tell reading pages
71-72 of the gromacs manual 4.6.3).

Thanks,

      Gianluca

Gianluca Interlandi, PhD gianluca at u.washington.edu
                     +1 (206) 685 4435
                     http://artemide.bioeng.washington.edu/

Research Scientist at the Department of Bioengineering
                     http://healthynaturalbaby.org