[gmx-users] Using several cores for MD production

MUSYOKA THOMMAS mutemibiochemistry at gmail.com
Tue Dec 3 16:58:36 CET 2013

Dear Justin,
Well it seems i am the first one to do MD simulations in my lab and i am
using a chemistry department cluster and nobody has prior knowledge on
GROMACS. I can use all the cores in the cluster but need to know if there
is a specific mdrun command that can allow me specify the number of cores
to be used for the MD run.

Thank you

On Tue, Dec 3, 2013 at 5:37 PM, Justin Lemkul <jalemkul at vt.edu> wrote:

> On 12/3/13 10:23 AM, MUSYOKA THOMMAS wrote:
>
>> Dear Users,
>>
>> I am using a cluster of 64 cores to perform my MD simulations using
>> GROMACS
>> version 4.5.5.
>>
>> I would be glad to know the exact mdrun command that will allow me use the
>> available resources.
>>

> The answer depends entirely on the architecture of the cluster.  Your sys
> admin should know.
>
> -Justin

> Justin A. Lemkul, Ph.D.
> Postdoctoral Fellow
>
> Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
> School of Pharmacy
> Health Sciences Facility II, Room 601
> University of Maryland, Baltimore
> 20 Penn St.
> Baltimore, MD 21201

> * For (un)subscribe requests visit

*MUSYOKA THOMMAS MUTEMIMob nos **+27844846540*
*B.Sc Biochemistry (Kenyatta University), MSc Pharmaceutical Science
(Nagasaki University)*

*PhD Student - Research Unit in Bioinformatics (RUBi - Rhodes University)*Skype
ID- MUSYOKA THOMMAS MUTEMI
Alternative email - thommas at sia.co.ke

*"Do all the good you can, By all the means you can, In all the ways you
can, In all the places you can,At all the times you can,To all the people
you can,As long as ever you can." - John Wesley. *