[gmx-users] out of disk space error

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Wed Dec 4 14:18:08 CET 2013

On 12/4/13 5:24 AM, amin at imtech.res.in wrote:

> I think so. You are outputting the information too often i.e every 0.2
> ps i.e. 5000 times per ns. See this thread
>
> http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.science.biology.gromacs.user/32721

It is unlikely that a few hundred ps of NVT would fill up someone's disk if it
has several hundred GB available, but it can't hurt to reduce the output a bit.
  Frequent writing could be taxing the filesystem unnecessarily.

It is also important to keep in mind that some desktop computers simply cannot
handle a simulation that would be best run on a cluster with high-performance I/O.

Postdoctoral Fellow

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 601