[gmx-users] Fwd: Warning while loading .gro generated from .pdb with pdb2gmx

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Wed Dec 4 18:36:09 CET 2013

On 12/4/13 11:22 AM, Pacho Ramos wrote:
> Thanks for your reply. Anyway, looks like every pdb I convert using above
> command leads to this warning, for example, when I try with 1TIT:
> http://www.pdb.org/pdb/explore/explore.do?structureId=1TIT
>
> I also get the same kind of warning while loading generated .gro file,
> telling me that something is "strange" with the last residue.
>
> Maybe gromacs is using a different nomenclature inside the generated .gro
> file that VMD is failing to understand, but the problem looks to appear in
> all cases I have tested

Check what those atoms are and whether or not they should be bonded.  If they're
just two molecules or residues that are spatially proximal, there's nothing
wrong.  If there is some distorted geometry leading to a strange bond, then
energy minimization should take care of it.

For what it's worth, VMD throws this message all the time and it rarely means
anything.  Your topology within Gromacs is definitive.  External software is not.

-Justin