[gmx-users] What does it mean that particle decomposition does not support checkpointing?

Mark Abraham mark.j.abraham at gmail.com
Tue Dec 10 00:07:01 CET 2013

Hi,

Sorry, I don't remember the observation that led to my statement, but I
believed it to be true and since pretty much none of the developers still
use particle decomposition, nobody has corrected me! Your observations
suggest that checkpointing is working fine for you. You should be able to
prove it by using mdrun -reprod; do two runs from the same starting point,
one of which is in two parts via a checkpoint, and use gmxcheck to verify
identical results.

Mark