[gmx-users] Normal Mode Analysis with Gromacs 4.6

mcfc1301 mcfc1301 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 10 13:01:01 CET 2013

Hello Everyone,

I'm confused about Normal Mode Analysis of Gromacs. I have googled a lot but
find little useful.
My Gromacs was installed in a Linux cluster.

Follows is my steps to do normal mode analysis:

• pdb2gmx -ignh -ff < forcefield > -f 1SHS mutated.pdb -o mut.gro -p
topol.top
• editconf -f mut.gro -o box.gro -d < spacingdistance >
• grompp -f em.mdp -c box.gro -p topol.top -o em.tpr
• mdrun -s em.tpr -deffnm em -c em.g96 -v
• grompp -f nm.mdp -c em.g96 -o nm.tpr
  /--------------->WARNING 1 [file nm.mdp]:
                        The switching range for PME-Switch should be 5% or
less, energy
                        conservation will be good anyhow, since ewald_rtol =
1e-05/

I have taken advises from the forum that I should not genbox and should use
cg instead steep for em in order to do Normal Mode Analysis, but now I am
facing problem of PME-Switch.

Does anyone have any experience on this?

Thanks in advance.

Kevin

==============Attached is em.dmp and nm.dmp=========================
*em.mdp