[gmx-users] Installing Gromacs 4.6.3 using Cygwin

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Fri Dec 13 22:17:01 CET 2013

On Fri, Dec 13, 2013 at 3:38 PM, chem grad <kelly.summers at usask.ca> wrote:

> Actually... yes, I may have spoken too soon... I can see Gromacs on my
> machine, but I am still struggling to get it to run properly.
>
> I cannot convince cygwin to source the gromacs files properly (well, at
> least I think that's the problem). When I enter "luck" into the command
> line it returns the "luck: command not found" error message.

"luck" does not exist any more; it is named "g_luck" now.

> Also, both commands I have entered (pdb2gmx and mdrun) have returned the
> following error:
>
> /usr/local/gromacs/bin/pdb2gmx.exe: error while loading shared libraries:
> cyggmxpreprocess-8.dll: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
> directory
>
> Maybe I was not as successful as I thought with the install?

Well, the installation succeeded, but now you likely have to configure your
environment to find the libraries.  I honestly have no idea on how to do
that on Windows.  If it were Linux... ;)

Postdoctoral Fellow

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 601